With all the talk of the miracle of mobile media marketing (SMS text marketing), you might be in the process of seeking out a bulk SMS gateway service so you can jump in the game.
Now you begin the search for a bulk SMS gateway tool to serve your mobile marketing initiatives. Even better to find a free SMS gateway tool, so you can dip your toe in and do a little testing before you jump in completely... we know how it goes. However, did you stop for a second to wonder if this is even the best route to follow?
It comes down to your goals, your requirements, and your resources... in some cases an SMS gateway might not be the most brilliant idea.
First, let's talk about the main reason why you think you might need to use one. In the case where you have a software that requires SMS send and receive capabilities, or in the case where you plan to write one that does. Right, then you are looking for a gateway. However, if your reason is for the purpose of SMS marketing, an SMS marketing provider would be the wiser choice.
Different than with a bulk SMS gateway, with an SMS marketing provider you will not need an I.T. team to write software and design an graphic user interface just so you can start marketing already.
Take my latest (and greatest) find -- SimplyCast -- for example:
A. You can literally start in minutes. Sign up - that's it! Log in and start your campaign almost immediately. Even if you don’t have an SMS list you can start to grow one by putting a form on your website. Simplicast even has an application that writes the code for the form. It's just cut and paste.
B. Only You. Forget the army of developers to create the software just so that you can send out group SMS messages. SimplyCast already built the army, why re-invent the wheel?
C. Easy and Clean. The SimplyCast application is straightforward, not a lot of frou-frou frills: Start your project, type the message, choose your contact list(s), then schedule the message to send.
That's about it in a nutshell.
Still think a bulk SMS gateway is for you?
If you've always wanted to get a handle on your Facebook marketing, Hi Level SEM is now offering a highly valuable free training course on just how to do this. Check out this link and sign up to get access to this great training: http://hilevelsem.famousin60days.com/
Quit scratching your head, trying to figure it out and get the scoop below.
1. No Planning. Both small and large businesses "forget" or do not prioritize planning. This often leads to a disconnect between marketing actions and bottom line business plan goals (you know, those things that drive revenue). Don't get swept away by slick media salespeople, get the fundamentals in place and do marketing that makes sense for your bottom line.
2. Inappropriate actions. Without a plan, marketing actions could conflict with each other. Actions need to be linked to business objectives and target audiences. Be wary of trying to copy a competitors marketing if you don't understand more about their why, and if they are actually getting positive results. As an aside, Hi Level SEM Agency does offer Competitor Analysis and Intelligence research.
3. Lack of clarity about the target market. Here's a news flash -- Mass Marketing is Dead. Marketing blasts not targeted to a specific demographic are a big waste of time and resources. The first step in targeting a market is to first identify it. There is a sweet spot of customers waiting for you out there, you need to know who they are to win them over and convert them from your "target market" into your "customer".
4. Not having clear goals. Do you know what success will look like for you? It's essential your marketing actions are connected to business goals that are specific. Not to be forgotten -- marketing actions need to be MEASURABLE. In the web marketing world, that means carefully and correctly implementing tracking and analytics mechanisms such as Tracking202 and Google Analytics. Measureability should be built in on the FRONT end of your campaign/project.
5. Unreasonable Expectations. Unless your product or service gets on Oprah, don't expect one marketing action to equal a big spike in sales. One ad isn't going to rescue your company. It's helpful to understand what is a reasonable response rate, i.e. benchmark, to expect from your marketing actions. For example, direct mail campaigns that get a 1% response rate are considered successful.
6. Not knowing how marketing really works. I've had clients that act like anything I tell them about SEO or PPC is gibberish. They say they don't want all the info. I can respect that. However, the more you are willing to learn about the processes and practices that comprise marketing and advertising on the web, the more effective your campaigns will be. Whether you're doing it yourself or delegating, understanding what makes marketing tick is essential.
7. Lack of Patience. Marketing research shows that it takes between 7 and 30 "touches" before a sale happens - that's the "Rule of 30". Customers usually will not buy until their need is Urgent. So in the meantime, our job is to create name recognition and a good reputation. Plant your marketing seeds, nurture them with sun and water, and give it time to grow.
If you're doing this excercise along with me, your homework is to make a list of 30 upcoming events, newsworthy items or announcements to make to your growing social media audience to create a buzz (dialogue - conversations, etc.). Focused action over time leads to great results.
We're launching a new program for our clients this month called "30 Days to Social Media Success" based on Gail Martin's book. This program takes clients on a 30 day journey of making the most of Twitter, Blogging, LinkedIn, and Facebook with regards to their businesses. HLS is going to be the guinea pig for this program by demonstrating each phase of the program.
Week # 1 - Basic Outline:
1. Understanding why most marketing fails
2. Getting your business plan and business proposal together. Yes, you have to. Your social campaign stems from having clarity through the business plan (or proposal).
3. Digging for Gold in your biz plan.
4. Mining for gems in your biz plan.
5. Creating and Action Plan.
6. Discover your real story and voice.
7. Touches to Transactions.
Ready? Hold onto your hats!
I just changed my business website domain name (and business name, for that matter) from www.divinadesigna.com to www.hilevelsem.com . It was a process, done correctly using 301 redirects in the .htaccess file. If you are thinking of doing the same, please do it carefully as a botched transfer can cause you to lose some if not all of your hard-won search engine rankings and traffic!
According to SearchEngineNews.com (in my humble opinion the best and most reliable source of SEO knowledge and news), it's preferable to NOT change your domain name unless you absolutely HAVE to. Or have the ITCH to, like I did ;)
If it's unavoidable to change your domain name, however, then the way to do it revolves around the proper use of a tool called the 301 redirect. The number 301 identifies a specific 3-digit server header code generated by a Web server when a browser or search engine spider tries to download a Web page. The 301 code says the page has been permanently moved to another location. At this point, browsers and spiders then know to "redirect" themselves to the new address. The cool thing about 301 redirects is they can be used to move individual pages, directories or even entire sites. These directions are all specified in a document that resides on your server; it's called your .htaccess file (spoken "dot ht access file). If you don't know what that is or how to write the 301 redirects properly for your site hosting configuration (UNIX, Windows Server, etc.), and you want to "do it yourself", I recommend becoming a member of Planet Ocean's Search Engine News (click the banner below), and then browsing to this article once you are a member: http://www.searchenginenews.com/se-news/content/how-to-change-your-domain-name-without-losing-your-web-sites-rankings2
Tweet me if you'd like any additional help with this. This is the kind of SEO issue Hi Level SEM agency can assist you with.
Check Out BPO For Your Social Media Marketing
So, you still perform the nitty-gritty details of your own social media marketing business operation in-house? Always bugged down with paper works and checking of routine responsibilities and procedures? Still hoping you could use the amount of time used on these routinary duties on something more creative or profitable? In that case perhaps it is time you try BPO!
BPO? Just what the heck is that? BPO is the common name, or acronym, for Business Process Outsourcing. By outsourcing, it implies acquiring a third party business company to do your job. Actually, not really your job but several of your business operations, hence the name business process outsourcing. Seems ridiculous? Well, think again.
Some individuals might think that it is more expensive getting services from a third party source when you have a whole office to work over a particular task. But that is the thing - you do not need to keep paying the entire work group, paying them benefits and the like, because you can outsource the operation from staff abroad in which the cost of salaries are much, much cheaper compared to your country's minimum wage as approved by the legislation. Now, don't you think that's ingenious? You've to confess it is!
In running a business process outsourcing, the administration of a specific business operation like marketing, or accounting, is delegated to a provider or third party that are experts in that particular process. Lots of companies do this because these BPO companies are better equipped with specialists and technological innovation so that they could finish the process a lot quicker, and more effectively. In this manner of doing business, allows the business a lot more time and elbow room to focus on its primary business processes.
Types of business operations that are most frequently outsourced are call centers for customer services, IT help desk services, technical support solutions, telesales solutions, HR processing solutions, procurement services, financing and administration solutions, billing services, insurance policy processing solutions, knowledge and data assistance, home loan processing services, handwriting assistance, marketing equipment and online marketing assistance, proofreading & editing solutions, writing and translation services, website design and development, animation and multimedia system, business enterprise consulting and a lot more! Basically, every business operation could be outsourced. It only depends upon the corporation how much of the business process it is ready to delegate to some third party.
Trust and confidence are usually not something earned immediately. Nonetheless, there are a lot of proven and tested business process outsourcing companies out there that can help your business out. You just have to do your own private research and analysis as to which offers the ideal and which suits your business best. Of course, it still dependent on your company's demands and goals in the business field. And this will depend on how far you would like to take your company and how much you are prepared to risk for it.
What business process companies boast of would be the quality work which is carried out in lesser amount of time. Their professional officers comprehend just what to do to deliver you the very best service ever. This is what they do - providing the very best services or else, they would not have any business at all. They recognize the significance of time. In every single business enterprise, time and timing is of the utmost essence. Time is money. Therefore, wasted time is wasted money. With BPO, businesses can save more of their time and make use of those excess times to other more valuable jobs and business process.
Learn more about Video Marketing , a concept that allows and encourages people to pass along marketing clips regarding products and services. This can be successfully done with the aid of Social Media Marketing, a solid method that provides links, attention as well as significant numbers of visitors by advertising your Internet site or corporation through social media channels.
Hi Level SEM brings you commentary by Zhenya Delate and team on the latest news in the SEM and internet marketing world, from our vantage point in the Hawaiian Islands.